What should an animated advertisement include?
Image Source: Flickr
The world of advertising is changing rapidly, and so should your approach to it. While print advertisements may soon be a thing of the past, advertising on digital platforms such as YouTube and Instagram is booming. With so many ways to reach people, you must create an ad that stands out from the rest. Including animation in your advertisement gives it a fresh look and feel, while also making it more interesting for viewers. It can even help tell your story better. Let’s examine what makes animation effective and how you can incorporate it into yours.
What is animation?
Animation is the creation of moving pictures using drawings or CGI. It’s been used since the dawn of cinema, but it has become more prevalent in recent years. Animation’s advantages over live-action include the ability to tell stories in a more creative way and to engage a larger audience. It also has the potential to create a more memorable advertising experience. Because people tend to remember images much better than words, an engaging video can lead to more sales than text alone.
A great example of how animation can be used in advertising is the video below. The car dealership in this video uses animation to help explain the different types of cars they sell. This helps draw in potential customers and make them want to view the rest of the video. It’s a great example of using animation to tell a story effectively.
Why use animation in advertisements?
Animation is one of the most effective ways to connect with audiences. It’s also one of the most challenging to create. Today’s advertising standards are more demanding than ever, so your advertisement must stand out from the crowd. It needs to grab viewers’ attention immediately and keep them interested throughout. This means using the right combination of colors, typefaces, and images. It also means creating an engaging story with characters and elements that connect with viewers. Adding animation to your advertisement is one way to stand out.
Animation can be used in a variety of ways. You can use it to tell a story, demonstrate something, or simply give your advertisement a unique look.
A great example of this is the video above by Uber. The company wanted to demonstrate how easy the service is to use, so they animated the driver and the passenger getting into the car. This gives the video a fun, welcoming feel while also reinforcing the message.
When to use animation in your advertisement
When deciding whether to use animation in your advertisement, be sure to consider all of the above points. This will help you decide when and how best to use it. If you’re trying to attract a younger audience, for example, animation may not be a good fit for your advertisement. On the other hand, if you’re trying to sell to a more advanced client, you may want to incorporate it to stand out from the crowd.
You need to understand your audience and what they’re looking for in an advertisement. Once you’ve done that, you can use animation to help draw in your potential customers.
You can also use animation to help demonstrate a product, solve a problem, or simply make your advertisement more interesting. Some examples of when you should use animation in your advertisement include:
- Demonstrating how a product works: An everyday object can be more engaging with animation. This can help convey how the object works better than just showing an image.
- Showing how an object solves a problem: Animated GIFs work especially well for this.
- Creating a more engaging advertisement: Animation can help a plain image become more interesting. A video can help make a boring advertisement more interesting, for example.
How to make a successful animated advertisement
- Come up with a great idea - Before you begin working on your animated advertisement, you need to come up with a great idea. This will determine whether the effort is worth it in the end. There’s no point putting a lot of time and effort into making an advertisement that doesn’t work. Make sure your idea is great. It needs to be interesting and interesting enough for viewers to want to watch the whole thing. It also needs to be unique enough to be memorable once seen.
- Create an effective storyline - Your advertisement’s story is just as important as the visuals. This is where you need to connect with audiences and help them understand what you’re trying to sell. It needs to be interesting enough to draw in viewers, but also clear enough to make them want to hear what you have to say. Make sure your storyline is complete enough to explain what you’re selling, but simple enough for viewers to understand it.
- Add effective visuals - Vectors and stock photos are great for many purposes, but not for creating an animated advertisement. You need something that’s new, interesting, and original. This will help you stand out from the crowd and make your advertisement memorable.
- Add voice-over - You may also want to include a voice-over at some point to help further explain your message. This could be from a character in your advertisement, giving a product demonstration, or even a narrator.
Tips for creating an effective animated advertisement
- Identify your story - Before you begin creating your animated advertisement, you need to figure out what you want to tell. This begins in the script, where you should identify the story you want to tell. You should also identify the characters within your story and their roles.
- Be consistent with your story - Once you’ve identified your story, you need to make sure you follow through with it. This means creating a consistent storyline with your visuals, script, and voice-over. If one element is inconsistent, viewers will become confused and may stop watching your advertisement.
- Consider timing - You may also want to consider when you want to air your animated advertisement. This could be timed to a holiday, to a certain time of day, or just to coincide with an important event, such as a product release.
- Make sure your animation is clear - Once you’ve created your advertisement, make sure it’s clear to viewers. This means that the animations and sound effects are easy to understand and don’t have any parts obscured by other elements.
- Add a call-to-action at the end - You may also want to end your animated advertisement with a call-to-action. This could be something like “Learn more,” “Contact us,” or “Shop now.”
Animated advertisements are fun to watch, effective at connecting with audiences, and they look better on video platforms than static images. They’re also an effective way to draw in potential customers with creative storytelling and innovative visuals.
Once you understand what makes animation effective, you can incorporate it into your next advertisement.