Can banner ads be video ads?
Video ads are quickly becoming the most popular medium for advertisers and viewers. With video ads, brands can capture attention of viewers in a more personal way by integrating video into their messages. The number of video ad formats continues to grow, as do the demands from users and advertisers alike.
However, there are also challenges to be addressed when advertising in video formats. Will your brand be able to create an effective and captivating video ad that will have an impact on your target audience?
Read on to discover more about what it takes to create a successful video advertising campaign – now and in the future with the many upcoming changes we’ll see in 2022.
What is a video ad?
A video ad is a short video advertisement that’s typically between 30 and 90 seconds long. Like any other type of video content, video ads are typically held to the same standards of quality that would apply to any other type of video content. Video ads are usually shown on websites, platforms like YouTube and other video platforms, and other places like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat that allow video ads.
Whereas you’ll usually see video content on platforms like YouTube, you’ll also see video ads on many other websites.
How video ads work
Video ads work in a similar way to other forms of digital advertising. When someone on a website or app sees a video ad, a computer or a mobile device will detect that it is an ad and decide how to “react” to it. That reaction could be the computer or mobile device “playing” the ad, or it could be the ad being blocked or skipped.
Here are a few examples of how video ads could work: A woman is sitting in front of her laptop, minding her own business when suddenly she sees an ad for a new diet pill. She is intrigued and clicks on the ad to read more about the pill.
Why are video ads important?
Advertising has evolved a lot since the dawn of television and radio. Video ads, along with other digital advertising formats, continue to disrupt traditional forms of advertising and help brands reach more people with their messages. Video ads are quickly becoming the most popular medium for advertisers and viewers. With video ads, brands can capture attention of viewers in a more personal way by integrating video into their messages.
Video ads allow brands to communicate with their audience in a more personal and engaging way by using video to create a connection between the brand and the consumer. Video ads also allow marketers to reach their target audience in an effective way because the video is a highly preferred format among consumers.
Video ad types
- Pre-roll: The pre-roll ad type is shown before any other type of content. These ads are typically 15 seconds long and are shown before videos with a view count of above 1 million views.
- Mid-roll: The mid-roll ads are shown between videos with a view count of above 1 million views.
- Post-roll: The post-roll ads are shown after videos with a view count of above 1 million views. Unlike mid- and pre-roll ads, post-roll ads are shown on all video platforms and can be viewed both on computers and mobile devices.
- In-feed ads: These ads are shown in between the user’s feeds, similar to Facebook’s in-feed ads.
- Interstitial: These ads are shown before the user has AdPlay content to watch. The ad can be skipped and the user can keep watching the content. Interstitial ads can only be viewed for 2 seconds.
- In-video: These ads are shown in between videos and can’t be skipped.
How to create a successful video ad
- Choose the right video ad type: You’ll want to choose a video ad type that best fits your product or service. For example, an app that offers travel deals could use video ads that focus on travel tips.
- Create a compelling title: Before creating your video ad, make sure you have a compelling title to draw people in and make them want to watch your ad.
- Use the right images: Next, make sure you are using the right images for your video ad. Make sure you are using the right images that will attract your target audience and inspire them to click on your ad.
- Engage with your audience: Once your video ad is ready, you need to engage with your audience and encourage them to click on your ad. You can do this by using various social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and other channels.
- Measure the results: When you are done creating your video ad, measure the results. You’ll want to make sure that your video ad has been successful and led to the desired result for your business.
- Keep iterating: Once you measure the results of your video ad, you will want to make adjustments and keep iterating until you achieve the desired result.
The future of video advertising
As video advertising continues to grow, there are a few things to keep in mind when thinking about how to create a successful video ad in the future.
- Choose the right video ad type: The first thing you’ll want to do is choose the right video ad type for your business. While video ads can be used for a wide range of products and services, you’ll want to make sure you choose the right ad type for your brand.
- Include images: Another thing you’ll want to keep in mind is to include images in your video ads. Make sure you are including images that are relevant to your brand and inspire your target audience to click on your ad.
- Encourage interaction: With video ads, make sure you encourage interaction between you and your target audience. This could mean asking questions or providing reasons for why your product or service is valuable.
- Measure the results: Lastly, make sure you measure the results of your video ads. You’ll want to make sure that your video ad has been successful and led to the desired result for your business.
You can’t ignore the rise of video advertising. In fact, video ads are projected to account for 90% of all digital advertising by 2024. And, with the upcoming changes, we’ll see in 2023, video advertising is set to become even more important for brands.
The future of digital advertising is changing, and we’ll see even more changes to how brands are able to reach their target audience.